Hello, my name is Aleksey Leybin and I am a creative currently working in San Francisco as a Freelance Senior Art Director/Visual Design and now I am looking to start a new adventure. Available starting September, 2018. Contact me if you would like to chat about a project.
I want to create great storytelling through the best medium available to solve the clients needs. Storytelling that is not constrained by the traditional approach to advertising. But where the best campaign idea can manifest from a digital mindset.
My time in advertising could be best described as a creative odyssey. That is, the process of product research, the necessity of learning new skills and searching for unique design solutions. I find adventure in pushing boundaries of existing ideas by leveraging design from unexpected sources, like diagrams of molecular structures helping solve UX solutions because it shows the relationship of the elements.
In my spare time I can be found smoking meats in my backyard smoker, tri-tip champion, and searching for latest track jacket to complete my collection
FACTOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (FEB. 2016 – PRESENT)
FREELANCE SENIOR ART DIRECTOR/DESIGNER
- Currently embedded at a fast paced, collaborative design agency within Google. Working on strategy and visual execution for both brand & product while maintaining the Google brand tone and visual identity.
- Worked with the Google Next Billion Users international team, creating product and marketing deliverables for applications aimed at addressing markets in India, Pakistan and Philippines.
- Manage client and vendor relationships through close collaboration on strategy and design executions from brief kickoff to final delivery. Responsible for design and creation of client-facing presentations.
- Created a Brand Playbook for a Google Express on-boarding tool to inspire and inform both PMMs and design vendors. The goal was to reinforce the brand and create an even better customer experience.
Developed interactive prototypes for a variety of digital executions to help the client visualize the interactions and help sell the work to leadership.
Projects include: Google Hardware CRM, Google Express, Google Analytics and other Google products.
ORGANIC INC, SAN FRANCISCO, CA (SEP. 2013 – JAN. 2016)
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR/DESIGNER
- Design Lead for Wells Fargo Credit Card Experience: created responsive interface assets, prototyped designs (Marvel), lead client presentations and managed a team of designers/content creators to help with final deliverables
Collaborated and communicated with copywriters, UX designers, developers along with client delivery managers to ensure quality in all aspects of campaign execution
Concepted how new technology can be best utilized to solve client goals
Worked on successful pitch on Foster Farms digital account and subsequent Design Lead on conceptual work, digital executions and social content, including establishing a photography style for social recipe posts
Concepted brand strategy along with insights and tactics per client brief
Created on-strategy designs for Natures Way, Quaker & Nike
MONSTER PRODUCTS, BRISBANE, CA (JUL. 2013 – SEP. 2013)
SENIOR WEB DESIGNER
- Led a team of developers and designers in building a responsive e-commerce website
TEAM DETROIT, DEARBORN, MI (OCT. 2010 – JUL. 2013)
- Designed experiences for Lincoln, Ford, & Mercury websites
Art Directed photoshoots for new vehicle features, including post-production work
Concepted interface assets and functionality for future Ford.com experience
Art directed video content for Lincoln.com
Created infographics for presentation decks
Other projects included responsive designs, SEO landing pages
CAMPBELL-EWALD, WARREN, MI (MAR. 2008 – OCT. 2010)
MUlTIMEDIA ART DIRECTOR
- Primary Digital Art Director for the USAA Insurance & banking account
Successfully pitched my designs to account team and client
Created design executions for Chevy, US NAVY, US Postal Service, US Mint, Owens Corning and Kaiser Permanente
GLOBALHUE, SOUTHFIELD, MI (JUL. 2006 – FEB. 2008)
- In-house production of digital and print work
Worked on American Airlines, DaimlerChrysler, US NAVY, VerizonWirelss and Wal-Mart
Awards & Recognition
- CREATIVITY & ADWEEK: “Ford Mustang: Dalena Henriques”
- MOTORTREND: Ford Transit Combinator
- 2011 DMAD Awards: USAA “Win-Win” sweepstakes & USAA “Retirement” direct marketing
- C-E INTERNAL CREATIVE AWARDS WINNER 2009: Best of Alternative Media: U.S. NAVY MYSPACE
B.A., Advertising with cognate in Studio Art, Michigan State University, 2006